Tune in to The UWI Family Development Centre's Radio Series!
Dear readers, we have exciting news! You can listen out for The UWI Family Development Centre's Radio Series on Parenting and Child Development during the months of May and June! Every week we present a new issue with useful tips and strategies for parents, educators and caregivers. Topics include: Parenting and child abuse, strategies for positive discipline and guidance, child care and safety in and around the home and so much more!
International listeners can also participate in this enriching learning experience by accessing the online Live Stream broadcasts for the following radio stations:
SCHEDULE AND LISTING OF TOPICS:
1. FATHERING - Monday 1st May, Wednesday 3rd May
2. PARENTING AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT - Monday 8th May, Wednesday 10th May
3. HELPING CHILDREN TO DEAL WITH TRANSITIONS - Monday 15th May, Wednesday 17th May
4. THE IMPORTANCE OF PLAY - Monday 22nd May, Wednesday 24th May
5. CHOOSING A QUALITY ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUR CHILD: WHAT YOU SHOULD SEE - Monday 29th May, Wednesday 31st May
6. NATIONAL STANDARDS AND QUALITY PROGRAMMES - A GUIDE FOR PARENTS AND FAMILIES - Monday 5th June, Wednesday 7th June
7. ON PARENTING AND CHILD ABUSE - Monday 12th June, Wednesday 14th June
8. PROVIDING POSITIVE DISCIPLINE AND GUIDANCE - Monday 19th June, Wednesday 21st June
9. CHILD CARE AND SAFETY IN AND AROUND THE HOME - Monday 26th June, Wednesday 28th June